X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ways to improve the fed.

Go down 
+12
vince noir
JPower
Jeremy
DieHard
"The Natural"
SaintPatrik
Olli Thorn
Danny Young
TheSentinel
Kayls
Worthy
Jake Adams
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake Adams
XFE Hall of Famer
Jake Adams

Male
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2011-02-02

Ways to improve the fed.  Empty
PostSubject: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/26/2011, 9:04 pm

No offense to any of the VGM's or the GM sentinel but I thought for our federation, a thread like this is definitely needed. Why?

Because we are the oldest federation in TWG, we ARE the WWE of the TWG. No one else is, and they will never get close to us when it comes to content, storyline, talent. No fed in TWG whatsoever. But there are some things that's keeping us down from our rightful spot on the top of TWG.

1) We need someone is very good at graphics, someone who can make good banners, ppv posters, normal weekly show posters. In general, someone who can make the show look fancy and good. OcW had Grey J as the graphics guy and because of the looks and layout, OcW had a fast rise.

2) Theme songs and edited videos. Now I'm not saying that the person who picked the songs has no taste in music, all I'm saying is, they don't suit wrestling shows at all and I don't get pumped up listening to them in order to read the ppv, same with our weekly shows as well. There needs to be a place or thread where people can choose theme songs for ppv's which suit the theme of the event. And also change the the weekly show themes as well.

3) Videos. There need to be short intro videos for our weekly shows, like 30 to 40 seconds long. With some random graphics but most importantly, the pictures of the show's active stars, just like we had in ocw. Our own intros will make our show seem like it stands on its own. I am aware that Worthy used to make titantrons for XFE superstars back in the day, so maybe we can bring that back as well and make show intros along as well.

Look, XFE is very, very good. No one can touch us in stories and talent. If we can get good looks on our shows, good videos and appropriate theme songs for weekly shows and ppv's. We're gonna be absolutely untouchable in everything.

If anyone has any more suggestions on how to improve XFE, or has an argument against this thread, please tell me right in here. Not by PM, not by deleting this thread. And once again I mean no offense to the guys who are loyal to his fed and are vgm's and gm. I'm simply suggesting that if we can pay attention to the smaller things as well, the better our show will get.

Thank you for reading this.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male
Number of posts : 2682
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/27/2011, 4:20 am

Jake wrote:
No offense to any of the VGM's or the GM sentinel but I thought for our federation, a thread like this is definitely needed. Why?

We do have one and it's the thread in the GM section that I created.

Quote :
Because we are the oldest federation in TWG, we ARE the WWE of the TWG. No one else is, and they will never get close to us when it comes to content, storyline, talent. No fed in TWG whatsoever. But there are some things that's keeping us down from our rightful spot on the top of TWG.

Not quite as the WWE's of TWG will always be the top 4 and whilst we are the only fed to retain the same GM, others like my old fed TMG have been running longer.

Quote :
1) We need someone is very good at graphics, someone who can make good banners, ppv posters, normal weekly show posters. In general, someone who can make the show look fancy and good. OcW had Grey J as the graphics guy and because of the looks and layout, OcW had a fast rise.

You got a problem with my brick graphics, LOL!!

Joking aside I made them because no one else wanted to and I didn't have all the fancy software like others and some of my graphics I still hate (Arena banners being 1 of them), So I agree with you.

However i've already asked this and Jeremy said he'll have a word with GreyJ

Quote :
2) Theme songs and edited videos. Now I'm not saying that the person who picked the songs has no taste in music, all I'm saying is, they don't suit wrestling shows at all and I don't get pumped up listening to them in order to read the ppv, same with our weekly shows as well. There needs to be a place or thread where people can choose theme songs for ppv's which suit the theme of the event. And also change the the weekly show themes as well.

Sentinel picks the show themes and I used to make entrance videos for people with their chosen theme, but nobody bothers with atcual videos anymore.

Also when I took over Agression I wanted 'my dark place alone' by the Murderdolls as the theme to fit in with the ECW style the show is supposed to be.

Quote :
3) Videos. There need to be short intro videos for our weekly shows, like 30 to 40 seconds long. With some random graphics but most importantly, the pictures of the show's active stars, just like we had in ocw. Our own intros will make our show seem like it stands on its own. I am aware that Worthy used to make titantrons for XFE superstars back in the day, so maybe we can bring that back as well and make show intros along as well.

Sadly I have no PC these days, but like I keep saying, all I did was put some pictures in windows movie maker and put an mp3 over it, so anyone could do it really.

However an intro video with current stars could be a problem with an ever changing roster.

Quote :
Look, XFE is very, very good. No one can touch us in stories and talent. If we can get good looks on our shows, good videos and appropriate theme songs for weekly shows and ppv's. We're gonna be absolutely untouchable in everything.

Except the fed rankings go by ticket sales and fans which means we have no chance compared to the top 3 feds who are all full of 4,000 fan wrestlers.

Quote :
If anyone has any more suggestions on how to improve XFE, or has an argument against this thread, please tell me right in here. Not by PM, not by deleting this thread. And once again I mean no offense to the guys who are loyal to his fed and are vgm's and gm. I'm simply suggesting that if we can pay attention to the smaller things as well, the better our show will get.

All of what you suggested has already been mentioned by others including me.

The only thing I would add is an XFE website that we can put a link to on the show.

Thanks for posting this thread, I agree with you on all points, sadly no amount of fancy graphics and music will get us near the top feds because back when oCw was going and you had fan votes and fed of the season, but now there is none of that, so how many real watch our show and what they think of it means nothing as it's fans and ticket sales that decide the fed rankings.

Thank you for reading this.
Back to top Go down
Jake Adams
XFE Hall of Famer
Jake Adams

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/27/2011, 4:50 am

Thanks for taking the time out to explain that Worthy, appreciate it, but I have to say, fancier looks and songs, and good videos can attract viewers and get them hooked. XFE could win show of the season award if that's still around.

Although can't argue with you about everything else you said.

Also, I noticed that us being in PWC, we have 129,000 fans. Because even in PWL, which two levels above PWC, there is only fed that has more fans than us. And we have more fans than a fed in the WGF and WGX.

So honestly, what's keeping us down? Is it less ticket sales or just less 4000 fan guys?
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/27/2011, 5:41 am

No idea Jake as i'm not too sure how exactly fed rankings work, but what I do know is matches on the show and the exp stars after them are a factor in the fed rankings aswell as fans.

Maybe someone who knows the fed side of TWG like a GM or former GM (ie; Sentinel or Jeremy) could explain how fed rankings work as i'm not too sure myself.

BTW XFE have never had anyone with 4,000 fans ever, but me and Covenant are not far off
Back to top Go down
Kayls

Kayls

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/27/2011, 10:53 am

I've got some experience with using Photoshop, I might be able to assist on the graphics angle, dependant upon how much time I can spare.
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/27/2011, 10:57 am

Well with the move over to the main server, they are still fixing a lot of bugs and they haven't touched the rankings yet, so who knows, we may get moved up, then again we may not.

Also, the Show of the Season isn't around anymore.

As for the Graphics, Songs, videos. I would love to have all that stuff. But as far as I know, we don't have anyone that is good with graphics. I try to make do with what limited ability I have. So if anyone wants to step up and try their hand at making some graphics, let me know.

I'd also like to have quick little intros for everyone, but I don't have the time to make them, so if anyone wants to try their hand at them, let me know.

As for the Show Theme Songs, I tried to find songs that matches the shows, but was also clean. Again, if anyone has any suggestions for songs for our Weekly Shows and PPV's, as long as they are clean, let me know.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
Kayls

Kayls

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/27/2011, 2:31 pm

Just a little something I did on a whim

Ways to improve the fed.  XFE-Test-1

Last edited by Kayls on 8/28/2011, 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake Adams
XFE Hall of Famer
Jake Adams

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/28/2011, 3:21 am

Yes, that's why I made this thread. Anyone has the knowledge and craft in graphics please step up to help. (BTW thank you Kayls)

And of course with the videos, the weekly show theme song suggestions and ppv songs as well. There should be like a voting, poll sort of thing for that.

And also, can someone tell me the name and the artist for the theme song of XFW . I can't seem to remember and can't look back in the archives either because of the shows being deleted cuz of the new skin.
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
TheSentinel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/28/2011, 1:54 pm

I like it Kayls.

And the XFW Theme is Kick in the Teeth by Papa Roach

the Aggression Theme is The Red by Chevelle.
Back to top Go down
Danny Young
XFE Hall of Famer
Danny Young

Male
Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/28/2011, 6:18 pm

List the ppvs and I'll have a go at looking for songs Smile
Back to top Go down
Jake Adams
XFE Hall of Famer
Jake Adams

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/28/2011, 7:12 pm

Not too sure about all the ppv names but what I'm just saying that there could be a thread stating "Theme song nomination for ppv"....where the people list in their themes, the GM selects the best ones and puts them up for a poll, where the song with the most votes wins....just like the XFE slammy awards concepts.
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male
Number of posts : 1134
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 12:12 am

I can list the PPV's that we had. I'll list them from Super Force II to Super Force III for the sake of clarity.

Super Force II
Guilty Consience
Stable Warfare
All or Nothing
Worlds Collide
Unsolitary Confinement
Chaos N' Mayhem
Super Force III

Now for the sake of the OcW guys that weren't here prior to Super Force II, we also had 2 other PPV's that were cut to have Super Force at the same time of the year. With the season breaks not getting shorter, I would suggest they aren't coming back but they were Natural Selection and Saint Patrik's Day Massacre.

I can try to help with theme songs. If I had the money to buy the gear, I could even try composing something original but I'll just go with trying to find some suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Jake Adams
XFE Hall of Famer
Jake Adams

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 12:52 am

Thanks for that Jay. Well with 7 ppv's in a yearly, selecting themes shouldn't create too much fuss all year round. Should be given a go I hope.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 3:05 am

Olli Thorn wrote:

Now for the sake of the OcW guys that weren't here prior to Super Force II, we also had 2 other PPV's that were cut to have Super Force at the same time of the year. With the season breaks not getting shorter, I would suggest they aren't coming back but they were Natural Selection and Saint Patrik's Day Massacre.

The PPVs change depending on when the season falls, ie; Saint Patricks Day Massacre PPV if the season is during on Saint Patricks day.

Also if the season falls on February we have Blood Bath (formerly the Bloody Valentine PPV).
Back to top Go down
Jake Adams
XFE Hall of Famer
Jake Adams

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 3:13 am

Does anyone have a good theme song suggestion for the next PPV, all or nothing?
Back to top Go down
SaintPatrik
XFE Hall of Famer
SaintPatrik

Male
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 4:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ubLOKbx-Y

Should fit pretty well for a PPV named All or nothing, and it's not your regular, metal-lite, whining american soft numetal crap...

//end rant//

Wink
Back to top Go down
"The Natural"
XFE Hall of Famer
Ways to improve the fed.  65-65

Male
Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 4:32 am

Make something with the Guitar Hero game, in the studio???
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 6:29 am

Jake wrote:
Does anyone have a good theme song suggestion for the next PPV, all or nothing?

Lipstick by Jedward, LOL!!

Joking aside, usually WWE PPVs use a recent rock song and the only decent one I can think of is Golden Cobra by Limp Bizkit.

EDIT: I like Saint Pats suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Danny Young
XFE Hall of Famer
Danny Young

Male
Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 11:26 am

Super Force: Tell Me - Story Of The Year
Guilty Conscience: Overtime Is A Crime - We Are The Ocean
Stable Warfare: Breathe Into Me - Red
All Or Nothing: Behind Closed Doors - Rise Against
Worlds Collide: When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
Unsolitary Confinement: Underclass Hero - Sum 41
Chaos N' Mayhem: The Last Fight - Bullet For My Valentine

That's what I could come up with, tell me what you guys think and make some changes if you want Smile
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 11:53 am

Super Force: Bulls On Parade - Rage Against The Machine
Guilty Conscience: Crying Like A Bitch - Godsmack
Stable Warfare: War Is The Answer - Five Finger Death Punch
All Or Nothing: Mouth For War - Pantera
Worlds Collide: Blackened - Metallica
Unsolitary Confinement: Asylum - Disturbed
Chaos N' Mayhem: The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden

While I don't have a problem with having a theme song for a PPV, in reality the theme song should be something that 'works' with the main storyline for the PPV, which is usually the main event and is never constant.
Back to top Go down
Kayls

Kayls

Female

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 2:47 pm

Ways to improve the fed.  XFE-Test-2

Another little graphic I did. Might be handy for a Fire related PPV.
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
TheSentinel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 11:03 pm

Here is the Official List of PPVs.

Blood Bath
Saint Patrick's Day Massacre
Super Force
Guilty Conscience
Stable Warfare
All or Nothing
Unsolitary Confinement
Natural Selection
Chaos 'N' Mayhem

We won't be using Worlds Collide anymore after a conflict of interest with another fed, plus I really never cared for the name.
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
TheSentinel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/29/2011, 11:06 pm

The tentative date right now for the season start is Sept 12. But that can change. Plus they are still working on some bugs, so you never know.

If the season does start on Sept 12.

The first XFW will be on Sept 14.

And the first AGGRESSION will be on Sept 17
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/30/2011, 3:27 am

Just out of curiosity, if we are getting new graphics, will we be getting rip of my entrance ramp pics as thats the only thing that I reckon looked good (especially the PPV ramps), so maybe edit them pics and use them without the bricks?

The intro could be like this:

Like a Star @ heaven Show PPV title at the top in letters.

Like a Star @ heaven PPV poster or logo below it (or instead of the above).

Like a Star @ heaven Entrance ramp pic underneth that.

Like a Star @ heaven Show/PPV theme youtube bar without the screen.

BTW if you want to find out what grahics you need check the threads on banners.
Back to top Go down
SaintPatrik
XFE Hall of Famer
SaintPatrik

Male
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty8/31/2011, 8:40 am

Danny Young wrote:
Super Force: Tell Me - Story Of The Year
Guilty Conscience: Overtime Is A Crime - We Are The Ocean
Stable Warfare: Breathe Into Me - Red
All Or Nothing: Behind Closed Doors - Rise Against
Worlds Collide: When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
Unsolitary Confinement: Underclass Hero - Sum 41
Chaos N' Mayhem: The Last Fight - Bullet For My Valentine

That's what I could come up with, tell me what you guys think and make some changes if you want Smile

I'll tell you what I think:

Ways to improve the fed.  2097682944

End of message from the taste police... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve the fed.    Ways to improve the fed.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ways to improve the fed.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next