X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JPower

JPower

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is Empty
PostSubject: Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is   Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is Empty12/11/2011, 1:17 am

With the long season break, I'm going to try something. I have two theories about TWG that I'm going to test out:

1: Other than Stamina, the most important skills in the game are: Attack Bonus, Evasion, and skills that extend your/limit your opponent's attack sequence. With a HM to Escape Submission
2: SA's warp the game

Here's what I mean about #2. With the SA's I've bought, taking nothing else into account, I have an ok, if not spectacular build.

With that in mind, I'm going to do a stat reset once I hit 50 TP's (I'm at 45 right now, and my Speed will level up Monday evening, so then at the earliest, depending on if and when our weekly TP bonuses come in), and I'm pouring as many skill points as I can into things that can't be bought with SA's, and beefing up the core skills I discussed in #1.

I ran the numbers in a spreadsheet, and my stats will be a little off from where I was, but other things will be much improved. Plus, my move list is going to be amazing.

So, yeah, watch this space for updates as I risk junking my build for SCIENCE!
Back to top Go down
http://jackpowerx.tumblr.com
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is   Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is Empty12/26/2011, 5:43 pm

How's the Build going Jack?
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is   Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is Empty12/26/2011, 8:01 pm

Quite well, although I took a second step and reset my AT's, focusing on attack bonus, DDI. and dodge, while maintaining my stamina, adrenaline, and DR.

After that, I just took off.

Now I'm focusing on DDI to try to offset the stupid-high DR on a lot of people in this area.

Oh, and level 31 sucks worse than level 30. There's only one or two guys I can beat (Hi, Kiwi!). The rest are jacked to high heaven.

Will keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is   Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is Empty1/4/2012, 3:25 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention.

The new "Statistics" function (supporter only) shows how often you hit each move position.

I learned a few things from this:

1) Don't pay too much attention to any moves that are "To the Ropes" or "To the Turnbuckle". My current percentages have all four of those positions at a combined 2.27% of the moves I've done in (to date) 676 matches. I only put mine in for completeness, but they don't seem to pop up all that often.

2) The message that says "The higher your Opening Moves percentage is, the weaker your build is" is 100% accurate. This is a complete 180 from my previous theory. If you see your Opening Moves percentage going up, work on your attack bonus. That will make it less likely that your move sequence will stop, which means you'll have to start over from the beginning.

3) I was, however, 100% correct on my theory on move sequences. Work your Frenzied Urge and Berserker to help extend those sequences, and you'll start to see your Stunned percentage start to rise. (and get you closer to the "Diver" achievement)

4) Don't neglect your running moves. They average about 3% of my moves each. I didn't think about it too much, since the moves for One Wrestler Running kinda sucked as far as attack bonus went, so I stuck with Backslide Pin. Big mistake, considering that move position is the highest of the four (at about 3.5%), so I was kinda late to the party on picking up those moves. The list of moves at that position are very slim, indeed, and the only good one (and it is crazy-good) is Running Dropkick, which is a Speed-only move (4-20, 5% wound, 15 AB) Balanced has the next best one with Full Nelson Bulldog (7-27, 10 AB). For the rest, the best are (in order, so you don't have to research yourself) Back Elbow Smash, Spinning Wheel Kick, and Clothesline.

5) Most importantly, don't waste any Standing moves on Grounded. Most of your moves, moreso as your moveset evolves, will end up making your opponent Grounded anyway, so spend those on getting to Groggy or Bent Down, or both, depending on where your good moves are. For me, I have no Standing moves that make the opponent Grounded (for the record, I have 3 Point Stance Charge, Mule Kick, Pepsi Twist, and Side Kick - two Groggy, two Bent Down) and my Grounded percentage is STILL almost 20%. This may be a function of my moveset, but the more powerful moves will usually yield Grounded status. This also creates a problem damage-wise as there aren't a lot of high-damage Grounded moves. It's my weakest set, even though I have some of the better Grounded moves.

I hope this helps some of you. I will continue to keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is   Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack's Build Philosophy: Putting my TP's where my mouth is
Page 1 of 1