X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need help with my build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male
Number of posts : 2682
Registration date : 2008-04-23

I need help with my build Empty
PostSubject: I need help with my build   I need help with my build Empty2/8/2012, 6:20 am

I'm a Speed build with 3 moves in every position (except 1 which has just 2) and most of my moves are bleed moves, but to be honest i've been doing rubbish for the last 2 years (mostly due to getting levelled up too quickly and not being as active on here as I used to be).

Here are my stats:

Health = 2.130
Stamina = 1192
Allowed Attacks = 14 (bonus 64%)
Attacks Denied = 3 (bonus 3%)

Attack Bonus = 149 +15
Initiative Bonus = 90
Submission Bonus = 11
Adrenaline Gain = 167 +1
Bleeding Bonus = 124
Pinning Bonus = 74

Direct Damage Increaser = 185 +20 (+10/3%)
Submission Damage Increaser = 13%
Damage Reducer = 232 (+5/1%)
Stamina Reducer = 59%
Block = 15
Dodge = 183
Escape Submissions = 139%
Pin Opposition 9
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male
Number of posts : 1134
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: I need help with my build   I need help with my build Empty2/8/2012, 6:56 am

Well, the thing off a quick review of your build is that you have too low stamina and dodge and a waaaaaaaay too high Damage Reducer.

The point there being, your speed so the best idea is try to avoid the offense, not withstand it. I would take at least 100 points worth of AT's (which I assume is the reason it's so high) off your DR and put it into Dodge and Stamina.

Another stat I might reduce would be Escape Submissions. This is a BIG might but it's overly high against non-techs and not high enough against techs, so there's some points again that could be put into avoiding being put into a submission to begin with.

Basically I'm level 28 and I probably have a LOAD less exp but my important stats for speeds are almost the same. Also, I don't know how much the adrenaline cost for your finishers are but 167 seems high for a build that's supposed to have the majority of the offense in the match.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: I need help with my build   I need help with my build Empty2/8/2012, 11:33 am

Olli Thorn wrote:
Well, the thing off a quick review of your build is that you have too low stamina and dodge and a waaaaaaaay too high Damage Reducer.

Thanks for the heads up on the damage reducer as that, stamina and dodge are what i've been working, so I know now to work on just dodge and stamina.

Quote :
The point there being, your speed so the best idea is try to avoid the offense, not withstand it. I would take at least 100 points worth of AT's (which I assume is the reason it's so high) off your DR and put it into Dodge and Stamina.

Yeah you've pretty summed up why I keep drawing and i've got an AT of level 12 for damage reducer, so maybe I should knock that down to level 8 or 10 and spend the exp on dodge and stamina, but i'll still want a fairly high damage reducer (i'll explain in the next part why).

Quote :
Another stat I might reduce would be Escape Submissions. This is a BIG might but it's overly high against non-techs and not high enough against techs, so there's some points again that could be put into avoiding being put into a submission to begin with.
Atcually the escape submission works wonders, especially with other defensive stats because as a speed I used to get alot of Techs giving me submission matches, but not since the majority of my Ultimate Submission matches ends in a draw, so now only techs that try that are really good ones like Gobeer and even then i've drew a few against him.

It's similar with normal ironman matches too as these days I draw alot on them too.

Quote :
Basically I'm level 28 and I probably have a LOAD less exp but my important stats for speeds are almost the same. Also, I don't know how much the adrenaline cost for your finishers are but 167 seems high for a build that's supposed to have the majority of the offense in the match.

They are pretty high and whilst they do hit, it's not as often as i'd like them too:
Allstar Press = 640 Adrenline.
Rogue Spear = 440 Adrenline.

Thanks for the advice and I agree with you, whilst I enjoy drawing when some level 31 people with +200/-0 challenge me, you're right I need to be more offensive.
Back to top Go down
Argo
XFE Hall of Famer
Argo

Male
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: I need help with my build   I need help with my build Empty3/3/2012, 1:35 pm

Sorry I did not get to this before, but time for some of my feedback...

You don't have the massive match numbers that someone like Jeremy, Playboy or myself has. (Others too but those are the ones I think of first) That measn you lack XP for AT's which then means you need to focus. And when I say that I mean FOCUS!

Gobeer was having problems with his build before and I gave him the same advice and while he sometimes still gets crushed by the "superstars" of the game he can hold his own against the above average guy.

THIS IS KEY: YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BEAT EVERYONE IN EVERY TYPE OF MATCH!!!

With that being said again I say FOCUS!

I believe if you were to Drop DR completely and put whatever AT's you have in that into dodge and get rid of Block. Turn all those into the attacks denied and %. I don't know your AT's but I would guess that would help you a bunch.

Also and this is just my opinion Fuck Escape Submission. It is trash and you can do so much better with just breaking up attack sequences.

Jay is right you need more Stamina, but everyone needs more stamina so that is an easy one.

On the FOCUS part of this advice I would also say drop the bleed bonus and put those into attack bonus attack sequence and DDI.

For you I would only have AT's in:
Dodge
Stamina
DDI
Attack Bonus
and 4-6 in Adren Gain.

You might get crazy results but you will notice that when they can't hit you they can't hurt you. Just my advice... If you want to post the list of your AT's I could give you more in depth input.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: I need help with my build   I need help with my build Empty3/4/2012, 4:22 am

Thanks Argo and you've hit the nail on the head exp front as i'm not as active as others (just the 3 tags, 1 sub and 2 event matches a day is just about all I have time for).

I'm going to get rid of AT's for DR and put them into dodge before touching anything else.

I'm still not sure on getting rid of escape submissions yet as my original plan of 'do up escape submissions to piss of techs' is working as I rarely get submitted, i've won a few (even though I have no submission moves) and most submission matches end in a draw, even Gobeer and Slugger have drew a few ultimate submission matches against me, so it is working... the ATs for sub defence will go though.

Whatever happens I won't be touching the bleed stat as I have a speedy bleed build with alot of bleed moves in every position so getting rid of it would be bad and besides I do well in First Blood matches with even top tier people struggling against me sometimes (ie; Cryl has lost alot of FB title matches to me).

Here are my ATs:
increased attack - level 11
increased dodging - level 13
power blow - level 11
inner rage - level 11
low blow - level 10
damage resist* - level 13
increased sub def* - level 9
power body - level 8
increased resist - level 11

* = getting rid of when I get 20tps to reset the AT's
Back to top Go down
slugger
XFE Hall of Famer
slugger

Male
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: I need help with my build   I need help with my build Empty3/4/2012, 5:21 am

Just from riding the other comments, and seeing some of your finisher stats.. I beleieve you could afford to lose some points in your Inner rage AT... just my thoughts might wanna wait for argo or someone better to agree or disagree with that lol
Back to top Go down
Argo
XFE Hall of Famer
Argo

Male
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: I need help with my build   I need help with my build Empty3/4/2012, 12:02 pm

So you have ~646,000 exp which is a good chunk actually... For intimidation purposes I have 820,000 xp in DR alone (All you new people to the top teir remember I am just solid nothing special)...

Do with this what you want but this would be my suggestion. I understand you want to piss off techs but remember that is only 1 class in the game and some techs have DDI avoidance builds so its only great against 1/2 of 1/5 of the game just tossing that out there.

20 Dodge 210,000
20 Stamina 210,000
6 Inner Rage 21,000
15 DDI 120,000
14 Attack Bonus 105,000

Total of 647,100 (So you would have to have some XP as it stands)
You could drop Stamina maybe down to 18 to see how that works and take that 39,000 xp and pump it into DDI or AB or just pump those up from where you are or pump that 39k into Bleed that would get you back up to 8 if you really want it that bad. Just my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: I need help with my build   I need help with my build Empty3/5/2012, 4:23 am

You are right Slugger, I did go wrong on the adrenaline front as I assumed that if I built that up more then my 2 finishers would be better than 20% (seriously looking on the finisher charts, everyone has between 40% - 50%.

Thanks Argo and i'll do exactly that when I get 10 more TP's as i'll still have average bleed and escape sub bonuses without the ATs, so if I just build up the 5 that you mentioned then i'll be focusing on the main stats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help with my build   I need help with my build Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help with my build
Page 1 of 1